Headmaster’s Welcomeview section menu
“I firmly believe that to prepare our students for the challenges of the twenty-first century we must lead by example: staying true to our values, working in partnership with others, innovating and striving always to be the very best we can be. RGS Guildford’s international schools will enable us to continue to deliver the very finest, rounded education and allow us to share our expertise globally while learning from other cultures.
The reasons for our international expansion are many: partnership; engagement in global cultures; enhanced reputation for the School; and an income which will be used primarily to support bursary funding for boys attending our school in Guildford.
I hope you will share our enthusiasm as we continue to innovate and develop to allow the RGS to remain at the very forefront of education as one of the leading schools in the country.”
Dr JM Cox, RGS Guildford Headmaster
The Royal Grammar School, Guildford has carefully crafted a distinctive blend of a number of elements:
- A welcoming, happy community where each individual feels valued and has the opportunity to flourish within a supportive, nurturing environment;
- A rich 500 year history and tradition, yet an awareness of the needs of students in the twenty-first century;
- An inspiring Tudor setting in the heart of historic Guildford combined with the facilities expected of a modern-day institution;
- A traditional, rigorous grammar school ethos with an innovative, independent approach to education;
- A school where academia is only one facet of a far richer experience and an extraordinary array of opportunities.
We are excited to now be able to offer an RGS education internationally. I hope this website provides a flavour of both the founding school in Guildford and also our new schools in Qatar, Dubai and China developed in close association with our partners. I would, however, encourage you to visit the schools and speak to the leaders, the staff and, most importantly, the students. It is the students themselves who best exemplify the true values and character of our school and I feel certain the RGS will leave an indelible impression on you.